View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
BanditSocks2
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiedaze View Post
I would not give any bacon or pork of any type. You said he gets sick on steak, then you said he doesn't. What you could maybe do is mix just a little ground lamb or ground bison with some gound veggies such as slightly steamed broccoli, and some fresh grated carrots. Make sure there is more veggies than meat. If he does fine with that mix, then just keep him on it for a couple of months till he's a little older and can handle a bit more meat, but take it very gradually, but always mix in some fresh veggies, ground fine.

If this doesn't work, I'd try baby food meats and mix it with some baby food carrots or baby food sweet potatoes, squash, or peas.
I agree-- no pork at all!! If table scraps make him sick you may want to just stick to his dog food so you can rule out a protein source that is possibly making him sick. Some food brands like California Natural have limited protein formulas so they are only made with one protein source. When you figure out what works best for your lil guy that might be a route you want to take.
BanditSocks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!