View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 11:38 AM   #1
YorkieProud
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Who should I contact?

While I was in class this morning, I was told a very disturbing story. A friend of mine mentioned a woman she was planning on getting a pit bull puppy from. The pups are six weeks old, and the runt has been having some problems. The puppy started having seizures and foaming at the mouth about two days ago. No emergency vet was seen, and the owner waited until this morning to take the puppy in. While we were at school, the owner sent a text informing my friend that the puppy had LS and had to be put down, because she could not afford the proper care.

I asked my friend, if the owner knew anything at all about LS. She sent a text, and the owner replied "No." I told my friend that LS was a genetic trait and that the parents should not be bred again.

A little while ago, my friend sent me a text telling me that the owner would not listen to what she had to say about LS and that she intends on breeding this pair again. My friend has decided against taking one of the pups.

What I am wondering is if there is someone I can get in touch with that may prevent this owner from breeding these two dogs again. This, in my eyes, is animal cruelty. She already knows that this pair will produce a pup with LS and yet she will continue to breed. This is premeditated cruelty. Has anyone heard of any laws that may prevent this? Sorry for the long thread, I just want to do something to keep this from happening again with this owner.

Any input or advice would be great.

YorkieProud

Last edited by YorkieProud; 08-23-2010 at 11:40 AM.
YorkieProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!