View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 09:10 AM   #15
Rhetts_mama
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

I feel your pain Karen. The first 5 weeks after having Scarlett home, I would spend at least part of the night lying on the floor beside her crate with my hand stuck through the bars. The only way she would fall and stay asleep was if her head was on my hand. I was gradually able to get her to fall asleep and slowly decreased the time I spent lying there. We did have a couple of nights whining for a few minutes when I first decided to hold my ground and sleep in my bed from minute one. It only lasted about 3 days.

Now, she settles in and goes to sleep by herself around 10-11, wakes up around 2 to go pee and then back to sleep until the alarm goes off around 6. Well, most nights any way. She's all thrown off because of her vaccinations this weekend and has days and nights completely reversed. She decided that 1 a.m. this morning was a great playtime. And she didn't go back to bed until after I left at 8 to go take my daughter to the dentist.

What is Cooper doing during all of this? Do you think that Cooper would be amenable to sleeping IN the crate with Max for a while? It might help settle Max down enough to start sleeping through most of the night.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!