View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 07:46 AM   #3
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourfirstyorkie View Post
Some of you have read about my current experience with my breeder so I thought I'd share my puppy selection process. I'd really like to know what you think.
The breeder lives only a few minutes from me.
I first contacted the breeder when the puppies were 4 weeks old. Was allowed over to see them at 6 weeks. There was one puppy who couldn't get enough of my husband and daughter. She had the shiniest coat as well. The breeder said she was pretty sure she was selecting her for herself. My husband and kids were disappointed but it was her right.
So the next time I called her we got to see them they were 9 weeks old. At this point she informed me that she changed her mind about the female my husband and kids loved. They were thrilled but I was taken by a male at this point. Before we left my husband and children won out and we were going to be Farrah's forever family in a few weeks.
The week we were to pick her up, I went to visit. Farrah was the only pup who had a shaking problem. Like she was cold. Again, my husband didn't care and we took her home that week. She outgrew the shaking quickly and was a happy and crazy little puppy.
In the process I learned that she was one of 5 in her litter. And that another bitch only had one pup so she took one from the litter of 5 and let the other mom nurse her with her one pup. Of course the one was Farrah who nursed from the other mom. Do you think this could have caused any issues?
Why do you think the breeder changed her mind in her pup selection?
Farrah I think you posted your pup had Leggs Perthe, and when breeder was informed was lets put this gently "less than supportive" to you.

I don't think that another mom nursing the pup would have caused issues, certainly not Leggs Perthe.

I think you should consider doing a "formal" breeder review on the forum for this, if you are ready to do so.

I hope that at some point your female has had a full blood panel done,perhaps the docs did this before operating?

I certainly wish all the best of health for your Farrah now and in the future.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!