View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 07:44 AM   #11
artie merlino
YT 500 Club Member

Love Red & Black Short Haired Yorkies?

I have 4 Yorkies now, 3 of them are related......Father, Mother and their Daughter and they all have Full/Floor length Coats year round. I have never shaved their Hair, regardless of the weather/climate or time of the year even when they were puppies! All 3 of them are very light in Coloration - Blue/Gold.
The 6 month old puppy I have is Red & Black and very cotton/stiff coat, when I first got him 3 months ago, I trimmed the Hair around and in between his paws/feet and the Hair has never grown back yet? I have seen his Mother
and I know his Breeder, she is a Friend of mine. His Mother, is also very Red and Black and never changed Colors? With a very short stiff Coat as well. I don't think or know whether there is a seperate category of short or long haired Yorkies? If there is, I have never heard of that term? I just know that his Breeder told me to shave his Coat/Hair b/c it would never grow out to be a Long Full Coat due to his Breeding, w/c there was nothing else I could do?
I wonder if Coat Coloration has anything to do with it? I also agree that 6 or even 8 weeks is too young to let a Puppy go, I think the older the better, the less Training I have to do, that is if the Breeder did their Job? From my past experience w/my first 3, it took as long as 3 yrs. for it to hit Floor length.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!