View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 07:34 AM   #10
AllDogBoots
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJLive View Post
(giggling) This is exactly why all three of mine sleep with me!

Although a piece of advice that I suffered through and still do at least 1 night a week.

Everytime my Yorkie would wake up at night I assumed it was to potty. To this day she STILL wakes up around 2:00 AM at least 1-2 nights a week.

She can clearly hold her urine 8-9 hours, but if she wakes up she doesn't go back to sleep cause she knows we'll take her out to pee.

I would hate to see you end up in that same routine as me. Especially since my Yorkie goes outside to potty. With living in Pa., our temps are extreme either way. Those 2:00 AM potty calls in the middle of January ARE NOT FUN!
Cooper already does this about 1-3 nights per week
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
Sorry of your sleeping troubles! I know with Jackson... he always hated the crate. I mean, I could let him bark and not give in but he would do it for an hour or more so I just gave up. Sooo the first few weeks, I actually slept with the crate ON my bed. I knew he was eventually going to be sleeping on my bed anyways. So he would usually wake up once around 3am, I'd take him to potty, then put him back in the crate (but it was on my bed). After about 3 weeks of this, I decided to let him sleep on my bed but I kept the crate open... well he slept through the entire night on my bed that night and ever since... that's where he's been and rarely woke up again in the middle of the night, lol.
Now I picture a crate on the bed, bed rails and padding on the floor. The things we do for these cuties.

Mom says leave him in the crate all night long and let him bark for hours.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!