View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 05:10 AM   #1
AllDogBoots
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Sleep Bed Time is Becoming a Nightmare

Max has a crate next to my bed. The crate has a comfy bed in it and a couple of bones to chew on. For the first couple of weeks, Max would go in there without issue and go to sleep. He would wake up whining at 3am and I would take him potty and successfully put him back in his crate. He would then wake up whining at 6am. At 6am, I'm not quite ready to wake up, so I put him back in his crate. He never stayed there, so I put him in my bed with a bully stick and after 5 minutes he's sleeping.

Now is a different story. He won't even go in the crate to sleep unless he's already sleeping and I transport him. 2 nights ago I did just that at 10pm and at 12am he was crying. I took him potty, put him back in the crate and he whined and barked. I put him in my bed. After 15 minutes he fell asleep and I transported him to his crate. He woke up 2 hours later barking. Again, I took him potty, as I'm not sure if that's what he needs. He always goes potty. When I put him back in the crate he's whining and screaming again, so I put him back in my bed. He stayed in my bed for 3 hours and slept, although I didn't sleep at all for fear he would fall off the bed. This has continued through the night both 2 days ago and last night.

Last night at 3am when I put him back in the crate after potty he screamed, but I didn't pick him up. Obviously I've trained him at this point that when he screams he gets to go in mommy's bed. He cried for 1/2 hour and eventually feel asleep - for 2 hours

Please help. For the first couple of weeks, he slept wonderfully in his crate. There was even one night he slept straight from 11-6am without waking up. If I know he doesn't need anything (potty/food), am I supposed to just leave him in his crate screaming? Do I ignore him? Do I put him in my bed?

I haven't slept in days
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!