View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 04:05 PM   #6
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico29 View Post
Poor Daisy! I hope they will help her to feel as little pain as possible. Do you know how she cracked her tooth? Sending hugs to your beautiful Daisy. I did not even know that there was a board certified dentist for our babies.
I hope so too. The biggest challenge for me is to try to bring her liver values down and put off surgery. I am hoping I have this option.

Yes - she broke her tooth on a marrow bone. I learned too late from the dental technician that animal bones are the worst for cracking teeth along with Hooves since they are very calcified and hard when they reach the stores. Ice is another culprit for cracked teeth.

In Daisy's case, due to poor breeding, she lost about 6 teeth at less than 2 years old and every now and then it seems another few are missing. The 4th molar is cracked down the middle like a slab fracture and it is loose.

Yes, there are two board certified veterinary dentists at the MSPCA- Angell Memorial Hospital in Boston and that is where I am going on Tuesday. They do routine dental cleanings as well as high risk situations. The cost of the cleanings seem to be in line with regular vets but I imagine the xrays etc will jack the pricing up. I guess for a younger dog you might be able to just do a cleaning. I like the fact that there is an anesthesiologist on staff for surgeries there - I feel Daisy will have the best option for pain management to address this situation.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!