View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 03:11 PM   #8
AllDogBoots
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Great post and I think about this often. I'm not from the south but I live in the south and it seems that people have dogs, not pets. My very own sister in law has a beagle who she claims is an outside dog. He's outside in a gigantic cage all day long. He doesn't come in the house and play with the kids, or kiss them or lay on their laps on the couch. The dog was bought because the kids wanted a dog. Nobody cares about him. But the love him......so they say.

The sad thing is that so many people will never know and that may even include people who 'own dogs'. The wonderful thing is that there is an esoteric bunch in the world who would be empty without the love of a pet. I could not imagine life without my dogs. They've carried be through so much tribulation and are always offering me unconditional love. I would be completely lost without them and fear the day that they are no longer with me.

I too am so sorry for those who haven't been blessed by the love of a dog. They will never know. They will never even realize that they should know.

My sister in law thinks I'm crazy and that makes me so darn happy.

Last edited by AllDogBoots; 08-21-2010 at 03:13 PM.
AllDogBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!