View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
smittojess
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by speleogirl37 View Post
He is still a baby. It takes most a long time to completely potty train.

Madison is a yr and a half, she still has accidents sometimes. She is outside trained and pee pad trained. I have Chance wearing a belly band for now, but we are working on it. I don't understand this but Chance has never pooed anywhere but in the kitchen. Which I am kind of happy about, because it's so much easier to clean than on the carpet. Madison though, whenever she has a poo accident she will go anywhere.

He is also to young to have run of the house, he should be in a smaller space unless you can have a constant eye on him. There are owners who have dogs that are a couple yrs old, and had to start from scratch potty training again. Yorkies are supposed to be very hard to potty train I believe. Good luck!
Thank you for your answer We have come to terms with the fact that we expected too much too soon as far as letting him have run of the apartment. Alot of people told me not to leave him in a crate at night or while were gone and create an "ex pen" well our expen in an apartment was the living room area and that's where he's having the accidents. I suppose it's back to the crate and watching him like a hawk! At night we've gotten used to having him with us in bed but I'll have to wean myself off of that too. We are looking into getting him neutered asap to help prevent marking as I have been worried that's part of what he's doing.
smittojess is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!