View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 01:10 PM   #6
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Default Food stuff

She is still a wee pup. So glad to hear your Yorkie has a very good appetite.

I can only say monitor the amount of food you are giving her, not too much, not too little. Always err with a pup on the more side of food.

I don't know if Casear is a good food or not. I home food my beasties..so not too "up" on the best kibbles and wet food out there.

One way to monitor take a look at her weight right now... feed about 10% of her current body weight. Lots of activity... then feed a bit more that day.

Remember treats do count on the caloric intake per day.

I have a couple of large dogs as well as my Yorkie. And I can tell you our male would eat us out of house n home. 2 Christmases ago he got the turkey off the counter, and was busy chowing down on it before I caught him.

Our large female I have to entice to eat. Hard to keep weight on her.

Razz is like your Hazel a right little piggy. Nobody is free fed here. I monitor all the time the intake. I don't want fat dogs.

But again your wee one is a pup. Err on the side of overfeeding a "bit".

In the final analysis, some maybe many doggies are little piggies. They'd eat till the cows come home. Sounds like Hazel maybe one of those.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!