View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
OMG that is so sad. I HATE people who keep their dog chained for life. And I mean - truly HATE. That is not a word I use very often.

If the dog has food and water and access to shelter - there may not be much the authorities can do.

That's what I was told when my neighbors kept a choclate lab in a small outdoor pen all day - he would pace and pace. The pen was as far away from the house as you could get. I enlisted the aid of my neighbors and we went over at different times, checking for food and water and making sure he had some when their was none. I was pregnant at the time and totally emotional about it.

Long story short - when ALL my neighbors called and complained - the ASPCA (?) came out and next thing I know the people are hosing out the cage and the kids are taking the dog for a walk.

Good Luck. Why do some people even have a dog?
Yes this dog has been seen with empty water dish many many times, this is the hottest summer on record here. I don't think I'd stop calling, and good idea to enlist as many neighbors help as they can.

The other idea, there must be a local paper, maybe she could generate up some interest in this dog's plight.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!