View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 09:20 AM   #10
TankNPico
Yorkie Yakker

Default My MVD Maltese reacted to Rabies, too.

I am so sorry you had to go through this. It is incredible to me that so many vets still look at these tiny dogs with their tiny organs and introduce dangerous vaccine protocols! However, my vet has an MVD Maltese and is very conscious of the risks in multiple vacines at one time so he administers them 2 weeks apart. Nonetheless, 8 years ago my Maltese had a bad reaction to the rabies and fortunately I had hung around the vets office for a time afterward so when he collapsed in my arms and the technician asked me if that was normal for him, I said no, he is usually on high alert in the vet waiting room. So she grabbed him from me and he was given antihistimine, steroids and put on oxygen. His gums were grey and he was totally inert.

He recovered after a looooooong 45 minutes and has been fine ever since. This is what I pray for for your furbaby.

Why don't breeders tell you about these possibilities? Why aren't more vets aware of this and space those vaccines out for the little ones? I don't get it.

Please let us know how Stella is doing.
TankNPico is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!