View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 06:40 AM   #8
Susan78
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliekathryn View Post
I would love to use pee pads, but my husband doesn't want to. (Of course, I'm the one at home all day, trying to take the puppy out all the time while my 3-year-old and 1-year-old are doing who knows what inside!). He thinks dogs should go outside. Plus his parents have a 10-year-old Morkie, and they never used pads. But they do live in Seattle, where it doesn't get nearly as cold as it does here. Do a lot of people use pads for tiny dogs? Is it hard to later teach them to go outside?

I've now set up the ex-pen, lined with pee pads, several toys, crate at one end with bed inside and no door. Maybe he'll learn to like the crate this way.

Cooper is my first dog ever, so I'm in much need of help. Thank you!

Julie
We use the pee pads because we live in the country on forty acres. There are owls,hawks and other predators so this has worked out greatly for us. Also we travel with a fifth wheel and we can stop so Kinder can run to her pee pad in the camper. I don't like letting her go potty where other dogs have gone because of things they can pick up. It sounds like your pen with toys will work out. If you notice him sniffing around put him on a leash outside to go potty. He will catch on ; he is young now. I think alot of people use the pee pads indoors it depends on how you want to train them. Our last baby did have IBD so it was nice for her in the middle of the night she could run to her pee pad. We get twenty to forty below in the winter so it is warmer in the house and Kinder doesn't have to freeze her feet. In fact we were looking at a car the other day at a car dealer. Kinder had to go potty so I brought her to the truck and put a pee pad down; she went potty. Good luck on your training this is my third yorkie and each one was different . It was new to me again because they all have different little personalities. Enjoy the puppy they grow up too fast.
Susan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!