View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 07:11 PM   #7
Lizzie07
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
I would say that she was talking about her dog and her ability to train him - ie it is tough to train (my)Yorkie.

My boy already has an Agility one and Two Certificate, from a fun club. But he does have a long way to go to equal his Mom's Top Yorkie Obedience Dog and number 3 in the toy group.
From deonk1's first post, she said "He said that while Yorkies are tough to train, they CAN be trained." I think that was a generalization about all yorkies, frankly, and I do take exception to that.

Liz has been a bright, biddable little dog to train. Maybe it's the females who are easier to train. I just don't think Liz has been tough to train at all. I actually think she has been easy to train. I use a clicker, mostly, and I've only been doing agility for 13 years, with no formal obedience training.

As soon as Liz has the weave poles down, and I mean 100%, we can start trialing. My first two IGs I started in agility got through novice without really being good at weaves at all, and it hurt later. So now I am going to make sure Liz is speedy through all 12 poles, with dead on entries, before we enter a trial.

Congrats on the obedience titles and Top Yorkie Obedience dog! That's a big deal. I know when my first two IGs were in the top 10 igs in agility I was tickled pink, but of course, there weren't that many IGs doing igility, er, agility, but it still felt great.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!