View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 05:14 PM   #6
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie07 View Post
Also, I haven't found my yorkie to be tough to train and judging by some of the other people on this forum training, I don't think other yorkies are either. I really think I take exception to that remark.
I would say that she was talking about her dog and her ability to train him - ie it is tough to train (my)Yorkie.

My boy Razz a Yorkie, certainly was different to train then my BRT;s. At the same age his attention span was much shorter, and as a true terrier he was a bit more stubborn.

Is he tough to "train" well I'd have to say different. And he is still very young in his mind and body. Yorkies I think take a bit more time, and patience to proceed ahead with formal obedience training.

He is well behind my other two dogs, in facility of picking up new skills, and to be consistent with those skills. Is he Dumb? No way nope not at all. He is still a puppy in his head and with a stubborn streak a mile wide.

My boy already has an Agility one and Two Certificate, from a fun club. But he does have a long way to go to equal his Mom's Top Yorkie Obedience Dog and number 3 in the toy group.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!