View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 02:12 PM   #7
Patti
Donating YT 30K Club Member

My Pixie just had the LP surgery about 9 weeks ago. Pixie suddenly, after a misstep off the bed, couldn't walk because of her left back leg. I took her right away to the ER vet and he said she had LP and it wouldn't stay in when he put it in. I went back a few hours later and saw a different vet and had xrays done. He also said LP. I was surprised because of all of mine she was the one that I thought didn't have it. I took her to my vet and she also said surgery would probably be the only solution. So after a week of crate rest and medicine, with little improvement, I took her to the Othropedic surgeon and she said she needed the surgery. I had it done that day. In hindsight, I wish I had waited a few more weeks to see if there was any more improvement. Pixie is 4 1/2. My 5 year old has grade 4 and her knees are permanently out but she dose fine with it so we have not done any surgery. It is a tough decision, but definitely get a second opinion by a orthopedic surgeon before making any decisions. I hope she never needs the surgery.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!