View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 02:03 PM   #62
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJLive View Post
My vet suggested using meat tenderizer. I did and it didn't work. I've tried the pineapple too and as soon as I think it's working, I come to find it's really not.
In my case, I do believe it's a behavioral issue.
Pineapple is not the only food that you can add to their diet to help with poop eating. You can also try spinach, pumpkin and kelp. The spinach and pumpkin can be added into their food. The Kelp is an herbal supplement and my suggestion would be to talk to a holistic vet.

Since I have somehow become the Poop Guru I have been doing a lot of research about how to stop the poop eating. Like Nancy said it all comes down to changing the digestive enzymes in their intestinal tract. It's not an immediate fix and you do need to be dedicated to the task.

If you are going to try sweet potatoes I would buy the organic canned. Pumpkin would be pure packed pumpkin. I would think that you could even mix it up a little and give pineapple as a treat and mix the others into their food.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!