Thread: Egg Recall
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #8
QuickSilver
Thor's Human
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Why is freshness so important to you? Is it because you eat them raw? Do they lose lots of nutrition if not fresh? I've always read that not so fresh eggs are easier to peel then fresh eggs, and freshness has never been a huge concern of mine. I do know that if you are frying an egg, the white will spread out too much, if it's not fresh, so I try to fry the freshest ones and boil the others. My girlfriend lived on an egg farm and I helped her clean eggs, and the eggs don't have dirt on them if you know what I mean.
I have a protein shake almost every morning, and I use raw eggs. At first I was using any old eggs, and then I got kind of sick a couple times (nothing like what's described above). I realized at that point that I was using old eggs. I hadn't cared much before because I always cooked the eggs. After that I got really paranoid and went to the other side of the spectrum.

I actually don't know what you mean when you say the eggs don't have dirt on them. Do you mean the stuff is grosser than dirt? I was told that eggs stay fresher when not cleaned, and they are cleaned to make them look more appealing. I assume you clean them before you use them, just not when they are stored.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!