View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 12:30 PM   #9
hugs
Yorkie Yakker

I agree with Nikko's Human. When dogs hump after being fixed, (even female dogs) they usually do it to show dominance. My female retrievers used to hump each other to see who would be the dominant one. Don't let him hump you or anyone else in your house because he's trying to see who he dominates in the "pack". You can show your dominance by rolling him on his back and holding his front paws together and his hind feet together (like Pig tie), lean over him, and make sure he looks you in the eyes when you do this. This is how you show you're top dog. It doesn't hurt the dog if you're gentle...once he looks you in the eyes, while on his back, then you know that he gets it. Let your children do this with him too, but make sure they're gentle of course. I did this with my Lhaso Apso when she was havign obedience issues, as well as my retrievers, and it worked well. If they feel like they are dominant over anyone in the family, then training will be difficult (I'm sure you know this). I hope this helps!
hugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!