View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
juliekathryn
Yorkie Talker

Default Did he pee or not???

I have a 13-week-old Morkie (but I couldn't find a Morkie forum, so I'm appealing to you Yorkie-owners for help). I'm trying to get on a strict schedule for housebreaking, but I have a kinda silly problem -- he's so small (2.5 pounds) and close to the ground that it's hard to tell if he's peed in the grass or not. He only squats a tiny bit when he pees, and sometimes it looks no different than just standing still. I try to crouch down to look for it, but sometimes I still can't see, or maybe he's done before I get down there (his pees are tiny!). In the afternoon, I can check to see if he's wet, but then it might be too late to give immediate praise. And in the morning, the grass is dewy and he's always wet.

I thought I might try bringing a pee pad outside and encouraging him to go on that, so that I could be sure he went. But it'd be easier in the long run if he just went on the grass.

Suggestions? Am I just an idiot? In my defense, this is my first dog ever, so I've never done this before!

Julie
juliekathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!