View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 10:26 AM   #2
MyDuke
YT Addict

Hi and welcome.
When I got Duke, I was living in Chelsea and besides from him not being up to date on his shots at that young age, I didn't want him out on the dirty streets until he was a bit older.

Fortunately, I had an area in my apartment that was gated off just for him. I had several pads out initially in one corner, his food/water in another and his bed/toys in another. He had accidents the first few weeks but I was patient with him until he began to associate the pad with either going #1 or #2. Eventually I went down to just one pad and he did fine. It will definitely take time, it won't be an overnight thing.

The biting will be for a bit also as he is teething, Duke used to chase me around and those baby teeth hurt when they do get to you. He also used his teeth and tore up pads too.

For the time being, try to watch him carefully when he is out on the carpet and stop him right away if you see him beginning to pick up his leg to pee.

Good luck because it will take time and patience on your part but it is worth while. Also, this forum is extremely helpful when you have questions or just want to vent.

Tam and Duke
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!