View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 09:21 AM   #4
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bribunny View Post
A Bile Acid Test was suggested and I am getting more information on that. I did look into it, and I called my breeder to ask if there was anything genetic. She said that the test wouldn't hurt but after reviewing all her information on symptoms and personally seeing how Bri acts, she honestly believes this is not the case. Bri has never had any other symptoms of a Liver Shunt except this recent vaccine issue. That being said, I need to research a lot more to be informed, so that I can explain to my vet.

I am just very worried about losing her to too much medicine and not being properly informed of the conditions.

Thanks
Great you started a new thread I was going to suggest that. The test for BATS is non invasive and not expensive. And I am glad you are talking to the breeder too. But there is no harm to your dog for testing on BATS.

Let's wait and see if other informative posters know anything about a link or increased risk of allergeric rx's to sedatives given an reaction to vaccines. And is there a pre test one can do to ascertain if a dog will have an allergic rx to one or more sedatives.

Hope you get some replies
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!