View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 02:17 AM   #6
Deuce
No Longer a Member

All I have to say is don't miss out on visiting Europe, and travel back and forth every couple of weeks would get exhausing (8-10 hour flights awful, I did two 12 hour flights within a 3 week period and it took me weeks to be right again) and would wreak havoc on your body. Coordinate with your vet and see what kind of options you have for international travel. You may need to get a pet passport (which isn't difficult) and get a vet examination w/health certificate just before your trip and when you're about to leave Europe. I would opt for flying instead of using the boat, that is a long trip.
Which countries are you trying to go through? Which stop would be your first? That will be the country that you need to learn all the rules/regualtions for first, the rest as long as you stay in the EU you should be good with the pet passport (many countries now require that you have one) and Switzerland still has border checks from time to time. If you start off in Rome the process of picking your pet up can be rough (if flown cargo) Otherwise you just need to present your health certifications and passport when going through customs.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!