View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 12:37 AM   #6
Deuce
No Longer a Member

Some cats & dogs will never get a long. I tested my cat out a head of time, and while he didn't like having a puppy trying to play with him he would just jump onto the sofa and ignore him so I knew that even though he wouldn't like the puppy he wouldn't react violently to the new addition. Now 4 months later he will even tolerate the pup jumping over him while playing fetch with me and even "plays" with him. As in he taunts him from above, lol, he'll lay on the coffee table and "swipe" at him, but when he get's bored with the game he just hops onto the couch and Rizzo moves onto something else.
Definatly never ever leave them alone together until they reach a peaceful agreement to not kill eachother. You never know what may happen when you are/aren't looking, your pup can lose an eye in one single swipe of a cat's paw. Good luck, there is no guaranteed way to make them get along. Just keep a close close eye on them, and if you can see the pup getting too rambunctious with the cat intervene and play with the pup so the energy is diverted to you.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!