View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 08:26 PM   #14
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Since the likelihood of reaction increasing after 2-3 vaccines, I'd be extremely nervous to give her anymore at all. Next time, full blown anaphylaxia and even death are possible. She should absolutely be premedicated before vaccines now (should have been after the first reaction), but that may not be enough. It is a very tough call and I'm sorry you have to make it. I would lean towards stopping altogether, but since there wouldn't be a one year booster for DHP and no more rabies, she may end up needing to be an indoor girl (could do titers to see if the pup vaccines "took", but that is really no guarantee that the one year booster can safely be skipped).

And while it may be a preservative bothering her, I'd be concerned that she reacted to DHP and rabies. While I don't want to scare you, personally I'd bile acids test her. That is in no way saying that she has a problem, but Yorkies with liver problems tend to not do well with drugs... Since it's so common in the breed and she reacted to more than one vaccine, it may be worth checking.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!