View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 08:09 PM   #10
bribunny
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieSue View Post
I don't know where you live but if your dog is not going to be in the wild, STOP VACCINATING FOR RABIES. Vaccinations are probably the most intrusive and harmful poison you can put into your dog--esp one so tiny. I am amazed that you allowed it to be done at all after her reaction to her second shot. This really told you a story and I'm sorry ou went ahead with the vaccine. Vets are there to MAKE $$$$--THEY will do and say anything to get you to vaccinate. From now on TITER you dog. I don't have time to explain titering but if you want your pup to live a long and healthy life, STOP VACCINATING. It breaks my heart that she now has that rabies vaccine in her after that reaction she had to that other shot. From now on, do your own research on what vaccines do to our dogs and use common sense. Will your teeny Yorkie be running free? In the wild? Near dangerous rabid wildlife? If the answer is no, then why are you vaccinating. Does this vet of yours recommend yearly vaccines too? The law states every three years in NY. Please research this topic and never allow such an already compromised Yorkie to be vaccinated again.
Um.. I'm not sure how to respond to this. First off, I posted here for a little advice and you completely bashed me and my decisions. I made the decision to vaccinate her for rabies based on a lot of information. We live out in the country with a lot of woods. We constantly find animals in the woods and they could carry rabies. Our city also requires that any dog within city limits must be vaccinated. The past reaction was due to size, but since Bri has grown since then, we felt it would be safer. We were wrong, I understand that. But, that does not mean you have the right to come and tell me I didn't research or use common sense.

I just hope you will choose to not be so hateful before knowing the situation. I had 3 different vets look at her after the first reaction, I have done what I know to do.

It sucks to come here for help and get bashed. Just think about it.

Mommy to Bri
bribunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!