View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 12:40 PM   #12
LvFla
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eroar2 View Post
Hi all. I am new to the forum. I have a 7 month old Yorkie (Annie). We live in an apt so I have been training her to go inside. In the beginning we used puppy pads and then eventually I switched to doggie litter. She was doing very well in the beginning and went in the litter box to do her business. Then we went on a trip (her included) and after we got back she didn't use the litter box to pee only poop. So we put a pee pad on the floor next to the litter box and she would use that to pee. We usually go away for the weekend once a month and since our last trip she won't poop in the litter box either. Most of the time she will at least do her business in the bathroom where we keep the pad and box. but just not in/on either... And the last few days I have caught her eating her poop. I try to follow her when she leaves us and heads to the bathroom, but she doesn't like an audience and won't do her business if anyone is watching. I am not home during the day so I try to work with her to no avail when I am home in the evening and weekends. Does anyone have any suggestions?
As for eatting the poop, try putting meat tenderizer on her food, that is what a vet just told my friend to do
LvFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!