View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 12:17 PM   #10
LoALAnna
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorDogOThunder View Post
I am supposed to get my baby when she is 8 weeks old. I have told the breeder I am in no hurry and have had animals in the past who left their Mom too soon, and know the problems that can come up. She said will keep GoGo as long as necessary, and I've even offered to pay her in full in order to have that extra Mom-time. She told me no one has ever made this request before, that most people want them ASAP. Anyone who got into the kennel with the litter and saw how important that Mom-time is would want their baby to stay there a little longer. I just keep thinking about her first night at my house. The humans will all be overjoyed, but GoGo is bound to be afraid and really missing Mom and her brother. That alone is reason to let her stay until she's a bit older.
We did the same as you when we got Connor. We picked him out when he was about 7-8 weeks old, but took him home at 11 weeks. We didn't know what we know now when we got Neo last year. He was only about 6 weeks old when we got him. Neo is definately more "delicate" so to speak, -more tummy issues-, but Connor is a HOSS!
LoALAnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!