View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
deonk1
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2boyz View Post
Is there anyone who can keep Harley for you while you take this trip with your boyfriend? A family member or friend? Maybe someone on YT could foster him for you with a written agreement for that time.

I know we all love our dogs but you really should put your boyfriend first here. Imagine how you would feel if the shoe were on the other foot and he said if the dog can't go I won't go with you.

There may be quarantine periods even if you fly Harley to Europe. Would he be able to fly in cabin with you?
Mainly he's the one who says I can't go. He doesn't want me to neglect Harley, and he knows how much he means to both of us. It would be hard to leave him for that length of time. He also thinks its a huge hassel to bring Harley with. We're thinking that it may be a possibility seeing I can fly, that I could just fly up for certain parts of the trip.

I really want to do this trip to, but I can't think of any options I'd be comfortable with. I think 2 weeks could be the longest I could board/leave with a friend without having a nervous breakdown myself. (we bought Harley to help reduce my anxiety, which is why he was bought before considering this trip). I'm game for bring Harley with us and only going to countries that he's allowed in (I would also have to coordinate whether he can be in the cabin, cargo not an option). But he thinks this would be a large hassel.

What I'd like to hear from people (especially for those from the UK), what does everyone know about traveling overseas with dogs?

I'm in a tight place. Don't really know what to do. I think I have at least 8 months to plan this and figure this all out. HELP
Thanks in advance
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!