View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 10:09 AM   #3
Vinniedoggy
YT Addict

A few things. First, give him a treat when you go to leave so that he associates your leaving with something positive. Second, make sure to leave a dirty t-shirt of yours around, or anything that really smells like you that he can curl up on and go to sleep. Third, increase your time away from him incrementally. Start by just leaving him for a few minutes (after you go through the whole "getting ready" routine) and then return. Build up slowly with trips to the store and then out for longer periods of time. Once he knows that you'll return, he will get more comfortable with you coming and going. Fourth, give him a nice, long walk before you leave. The more tired he is when you leave, the less he will notice and make a fuss about it.

Finally, it is very likely that he whines when you leave but settles down once you're gone. If you're really worried about it, get one of these - Network IP Cameras - Astak Mole IP Camera. I got mine from Costco and love it! I can watch my dogs over my iPhone when at work and it really helps to ease my mind. Not surprisingly, they sleep soundly most of the day in front of the TV :-)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!