Thread: I'm Bad...
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 08:43 AM   #10
lizzieg
YT 500 Club Member

The only time she is in her crate is when I go to the grocery store (because of the Food Guideline Regulations) and for bed. She even goes to work with me and to run errands. (: I don't want her to fear her crate, so I only use it when I have to. Her trainer said that all breeds of dogs will feel safe in their crates because they are all 'den animals' (with the right conditioning). Again, I think it is personal preference on whether you sleep with them or not. She will get more free run of the house and the furniture (and probably our beds) when she is fully housebroken. She does well when I don't do what I did last night, and the table food isn't helping any. She becomes more irregular; without table food I know her well enough to take her out every 2 1/2 hours to eliminate. I just want her to thrive and to absorb all that she can while she is a puppy and her brain is taking in information like a sponge. Yorkies are the smartest animals ever, some of a little stubborn and all dogs demand a routine (that I keep breaking in my moments of weakness).
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!