View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 05:48 AM   #34
lizzieg
YT 500 Club Member

Animal Smiley 036

I believe that if a puppy and children grow up together, it makes it easier. I have a 6 y.o. and a 5 y.o. and we are always together, and I always supervise. They are very gentle and respectful of Khloe, and in turn, I've taught Khloe to be respectful to them, their toys, and their toes. (: It can be a beautiful thing. Every situation is different. Yorkies have fragile bones, but with good training, an accident will be prevented before it even happens. I expect my kids to respect an animal that is 1 lb. or 100 lbs. the same; of course these two types of dogs will have different needs. The best of luck to you; research breeders and keep looking at puppies. Bring your kids to look at puppies and see how they interact together. We let Khloe choose us. Between her and her brother, she came to us first, was very friendly and outgoing, and really took to my kids. She's much more playful and spunky around them; she acts like an old lady around the adults of the house. lol. It sounds like you know the responsibility and you are very close to your children, and like myself, would do anything to make your family happy. And IMO, every child needs a dog.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!