View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
BusyMominAL
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Rehoming our girl

I have really struggled the past couple of weeks over what to do, but after much thought, we think this is best for our pup and our family.

Natalie is 10 mo. old, spayed (and has had her baby teeth pulled that didn't fall out on their own), UTD on her shots, micro-chipped, and UTD on Sentinel heart worm preventative/ flea treatment. She was last weighed when she got her last shots and was 4.5 lbs then. Not sure what she is now, somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 lbs, I'd say. She's always charted out to around 5.5 lbs and appears to be staying true to that. We feed her Blue Buffalo puppy food.

She's purebred with AKC papers (although we didn't send them in. Her new owners could, but I think there is an increased fee after a certain length of time). She's lighter colored- right now her body is almost silver , her head close to white, with ears, muzzle, legs, etc. a lighter tan color. Her coat is silky. We've got her in a short puppy cut right now. (She will not leave bows or clips in and in fact works so hard to get them out that she created a little bald spot on the top of her head. The short cut is to allow that to catch up.)

She is walks really well on the leash- she loves her walks and will potty outside while on the leash. When we aren't home she is kept in an exercise pen and uses a puppy pad. When we are home we take her out to potty. She will go outside, but doesn't ask. She has to be taken quite frequently (every hour or so) or she will have accidents in the house.

She sleeps in the bed with someone. She likes short car rides but seems to become anxious on much more than quick trips around town. She is VERY sweet, gets along well with other dogs (don't know about cats as we don't have any). She wants to be with someone all the time and protests loudly if we are home and she's not with us. We've tried confining her in the kitchen, but she chewed on the corner of the wooden cabinets when no one paid attention to her.

Natalie was a gift for my 13 year old daughter. She loves her, but she requires a lot of time and attention and my daughter isn't able to keep up with everything. We've had some changes in our family recently that don't leave me with the time to contribute to her care. (My husband was unemployed for several months. He found a job, but it is several states away so we are living separately now. I work full time, 40 minutes away from our home and am now having to do all the home upkeep, cook meals, take kids to after school activities, etc. on my own in addition to working.) As I said we love Natalie, but she is home all day alone while we are at work/school. We aren't able to be home all night every night, but on those nights we are, we are struggling to give Natalie the attention she deserves, take her out for frequent potty breaks, etc. We feel she would be better off with another family that had more time for her. I'd prefer a family with someone who was home during the day. I will of course authorize my vet to release all of Natalie's records, a vet reference will be required from new owners. I'm asking a $350 rehoming fee.

Sorry this is so long, I just wanted to be sure I told as much as I could about her. There is no crisis, just a realization that we might all be better off if Nat were with another family with different circumstances. We're in no big rush, going to be sure and find Natalie the RIGHT home before letting her go.

PM me if you are interested or have questions or would like any other info.

Thanks.
BusyMominAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!