View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 07:58 AM   #1
Lou
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Default I think I have a service dog!!!!!!

Some of you may already know I have Type II diabetes. It isn't that much of a problem for me since I try hard to keep it under control with diet and medication. Well, some of you may also know that Adie and I are a pair. She is a true Mama's girl and actually pouts every morning when I leave for work. It takes DH a long time to get her out of it but usually a game of fetch does the trick. I've never noticed (before) the following but am now going to be very tuned in to it.

Yesterday Adie was especially clingy, wouldn't leave me alone, in my face if I sat down etc. Not too long after that I had a drastic glucose drop and got so shaky I could barely think straight. Orange juice to the rescue. As I was recovering I got to thinking about how Adie was acting and I remembered that she had done that once before but I was thinking she acted that way AFTER I had the low blood sugar. She very well could have acted that way before that.

Anyway, I am checking into what it will take to get her tested or whatever I need to do to find out and then actually USE her as a service dog for me. I know that would thrill her to death if she could go everywhere with me.

Does anyone know what I should do next? I have just begun my Internet research.

Gracie Skeeter Adie Tyler
Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!