View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 04:42 AM   #12
deonk1
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie07 View Post
For only training, for when you are giving him his food, can you use a teaspoon of wet food? Wet food really has a bad rap for some reason when it's actually better for dogs than dry. Anyway, what I do with my puppy is tell her to sit, and start putting the food on the floor. If the but comes up, the food comes up. I don't take my hand off the food until I can put it down and release her. At first, I put it down and released simultaneously, then started increasing the time. She's is getting it.
He get's Trippet twice a day with his kibble. Never thought of doing it that way... That may be enough of a lure to get him to stay.

After doing this a few times, I think he's starting to figure it out. I've also been saying a loud "ah ah" if he gets up (while lifting his dish), he's figured out that that means he didn't do it right and plops his bum back down.

You guys are great... I've been super busy and life's been crazy, I feel so much more motivated to work on his training when I have you guys to consistently talk to. I feel like I have to work hard to come back and report to ya'll. Thanks so much for the help!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!