View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
princessbunbun
Yorkie Yakker

Default Raw food question - HELP

I just adopted a re-homed/rescued Yorkie and I want to feed her the absolute best. "Princess Bun Bun" (my 5 year old son named her) was kept in a cage for 2 years and used as a breeding dog. I love her and I know it's going to be a long time before I train her to be a "pet" with manners, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes.

Anyway, she's going nuts for a raw chicken dog food formula that my vet makes and sells. She devours it. I hope her love for it lasts, as I've heard some dogs lose their taste for it after a little while. My question is how much do I feed her and is the meat supposed to turn a little black-ish once it's been oxidized with air?

I was scraping off the brown/black parts but it seems very wasteful. I hope it's ok to serve it to her. The food is only taken out of the freezer and in the fridge for a day before I serve it to her, so it's not in the fridge for a very long time... it seems to "turn" within an hour or so...

Does anyone have any experience with raw food and is the discoloration a normal occurrence?

Thanks for your help!
Lisa
princessbunbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!