View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 08:13 AM   #8
deonk1
YT 1000 Club Member

So I'm working on this making him wait for his food. I don't think he's figured it out 100%. it's slow. I've been trying to only give him enough food in his dish to last him an hour or so, and then I go back when it's empty and start the whole process. Obviously I can't do this when I'm going to work, but I figure if I start doing this at least 3 times a day, we may get somewhere with it....Now here's the problem. If I use the kibble to lure him into a sit, he drops it if I hand feed. but the dish isn't working as a lure to get him in the position I want. I can get him to stay until the second the dish hits the ground... but I can't get him to stay longer, is that just something that will come with time. Also should I put something more tastey in my hand, to lure him into the position I want, and then just put it in the dish when I give him the release command? I hope that makes sense...

TankNPico... it does all sound wonderfully easy, but trust me it's not... lol... it sounds really simple, but these little ones are so small they play major mind games some times. As for the potty, I can't offer much help my little one is grid trained, so he doesn't have to let me know when he goes. he only lets me know when he makes a mistake (which hasn't been for a while)... as for any other training, take it slow, I've noticed that with Harley the things we got and repeated when he was super little have stuck... he has an instant drop it when I touch whats in his mouth, (without contact not so much), and we have a sit if he wants me to play fetch. I got lazy with the rest when I started my summer job, and noticed I've lost some. So that's the best advice I can give, don't let your obedience disapear.

Good luck
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!