View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 07:16 AM   #14
topknot
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topknot View Post
I did some research on this and as a past vet tech I started towonder myself if this really was true or was it a myth. I actually heard about this here on YT first.
After my research I believe along with the experts that it is a myth. Just the oposite is true, since the mixed puppies get their genes from both sides can in reality open themself up to both sides of genetic problems. So if you have a mixed breed, be aware that they can get genetic predisposition health problems of both parents, and now have to worry about just one breed problems. Owners should do the health screenings of both breeds to be sure they are healthy or not. Just remember too - that just because they may not have problems pop up early in life, they may as an older adult. One should just be aware of the health issues to be prepared.

We hear abouth health of high breed vigor of mixed breeds more often now, since breeders started mixing dogs to get a yorkiepo, chiyorks, labordoodles, etc... or any of the other mixes. It is these mixed breeders way, IMO, to sell these pups better. So sad. "So again we should remember the saying, "Buyer beware!"
Oops.. error. Should be you should worry about getting both breeds problems.
topknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!