View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 02:51 PM   #3
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shodanusmc View Post
I don't believe they are healthier than a well bred litter by a good breeder. You can get a mutt and you have no idea what genetical problems are on both sides. Now I had a mutt when I was a kid (Jesus was just a Corporal back then), and he was a great little dog that lived to be 15 with no problems, until the end of course. Anyway, we are all mutts when you think about it. We get the best and worst of what our parents carry. How can you explain that my brother is 6'5" and I am so short I can walk under the belly of a snake without bending over. Genetics. Giants on Mom's side, small Italians on my Dad's side. Presto!
LLOL Steve; I got the worst of the genetic mix with my parents, and both sides of the temper Good grief Irish and French Canadian. Mon Dieux

I was raised with mutts, one died at seven years old, one at 10, who knows if that was the average life expectancy or not

But there are assumptions "out there" which may or may not be based on the "facts" as we know them today

My question to YT is to come forth with links to research studies et al, that support one view or another.

This is for my own edification and curiosity.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!