View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 01:58 PM   #4
BabyGirl Rosie
I ♥ my girls!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattiesmom View Post
I don't usually get riled up, but my blood is B O I L I N G !

So what is worse than the well known "I'm a Missionary and I want to GIVE you a Yorkie free of charge, just pay shipping charges of $300.00 scam? A real live honest? to goodness Youth Minister who uses his "work" email complete with church information to inquire about a yorkie pup. It was bad enough that he determined it may be to his advantage to advertise that he was a minister, but what really infuriated me was the following statement taken from the email "What a blessing it would be if it could be freely given, but none the less if there is a cost, I'd like to know it so I can assess if this would be a good investment or not."

Unfortunately it was the real deal - I looked the church up on internet prior to responding - and when I did I copied several of the church officials. I would not have been very offended if it had been some nutcase (had one of them earlier in the week) with a sob story begging for a freebie, but how dare a man who claims to be a "Man of God" using his position to try to gain something for nothing.

I may be over-reacting and if so, then so be it. I take my God and my religion very seriously and it infuriates me to no end for someone to use his poisiton as a Minister as a barganing tool.

--end of vent
Wow, this is bad. I can see why your blood is boiling. I don't think you are over reacting at all. I agree with you. I take God and religion very seriously too. And you are right, people think they can trust them because of their position as a minister. This is really sad. However, the one thing that always gets me through the bad people times is this:

One day he will stand before our God that we take seriously and he WILL answer for everything he has done as we all will.

Our world has turned to bad things and yes religion is given a bad rap. But there are still good people in this world. So you go girl! Let your blood boil and stand up for what you believe. It is ok to vent!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!