View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 07:58 AM   #12
jp4m2
Love my Boys
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broodizt View Post
I agree with you one MILLION percent. Muffin my then 1.5 year old almost died from a rabies shot and if I had not found the most amazing holist Vet in the entire world, she would be dead. She is now blind in one eye, but she is okay now. She previously could not walk, would not eat, would scream in pain if she were petted, and countless other horrors. My Vet gave me a REAL education about shots, especially rabies and that they give the same amount of shot to a tiny yorkie as they do to a GREAT DANE. HELLLOOO. Well, she is crusading to change all that. One book you may want to read is "Scared Poopless" about dog food and also, I'm not sure if it includes info on vaccines. Got to check. But you are one MILLION percent correct!!! Take it from MUFFIN :-)
That is terrible!!.....I am so sorry your Muffin had to suffer from this so needlessly.....How awful for her and you!.......It's a darn shame so many people are led to believe they are being a "responsible" pet owner and are being told to do these things when they are doing damage to our pets. Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti vaccine but there is a safer way to do them. What we are being told to do is not based on science but based on old habits and unproven recommendations. The pharmaceutical company is surely not going to do the studies to find the MAXIMUM time a pet has immunity, so we have to hope people like Dr. Dodds and Dr. Schults can/ will do them for our pets.....

This is concerning the rabies vaccine.....

“Rabies is the vaccine most associated with adverse reactions because it’s so potent,” says renowned veterinarian Dr. Jean Dodds. “We have a lot of bad reactions, including fatal ones. They usually occur within two to three weeks after vaccination, although they can appear up to 45 days later. Because the rabies vaccine is a neurogenic protein, meaning it affects the nervous system, what you will often see is seizures or seizure-like disorders like stumbling, ataxia, dementia, and some demyelination, where the animals become wobbly and don’t have proper motor skills. You can also have an autoimmune-like destruction of tissues, skin, blood, joints, the liver or kidneys.” Dr. Dodds adds that animals already ill with immune-related diseases such as cancer can be even more negatively affected. “Often, this is the last thing that causes the animal’s demise.”

Scientific data published in 1992 by Michel Aubert and his research team demonstrated that dogs were immune to a rabies challenge 5 years after vaccination, while Dr. Schultz’s serological studies documented antibody titer counts at levels known to confer immunity to rabies 7 years post-vaccination. This data strongly suggests that state laws requiring annual or triennial rabies boosters for dogs are redundant. Because the rabies vaccine is the most potent of the veterinary vaccines and associated with significant adverse reactions, it should not be given more often than is necessary to maintain immunity. Adverse reactions such autoimmune diseases affecting the thyroid, joints, blood, eyes, skin, kidney, liver,
bowel and central nervous system; anaphylactic shock; aggression; seizures; epilepsy; and fibrosarcomas at injection sites are linked to rabies vaccinations.

I'm so glad for you that you where able to get help for your Muffin.....You could look into a medical exemption form for Muffin so she won't be subjected to any more rabies reactions. The reactions tend to get worse as each one is given...

Three more excellent books are:

Stop the Shots!: Are Vaccinations Killing Our Pets: by John Clifton

What Vets Don't Tell You About Vaccines: by Catherine O`Driscoll

Shock to the System: The Facts About Animal Vaccination, Pet Food And How to Keep Your Pets Healthy By: Catherine O`Driscoll

Good luck....
jp4m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!