View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 10:30 AM   #7
KJLive
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamilee View Post
Yes will be keeping an eye on him all night and going to the vet as soon as
We wake up. I would have taken him to energency except that it is just over 2 hours away from here so just thought that I could get a bit on insight on your thoughts as to what it could be. And thankyou to both of you again it is greatly appreciated.
Xx
Understood. Ther is a great sticky on here for a Yorkie First Aid/Emergency Kit. It lists all the items you want to have on hand should you have an emergency with your Yorkie.

Since your Emergency Vet is a 2 hour drive this is something you may want to take a look at and have your shelves stocked. If for anything, it will give you peace of mind that you are prepared if something should happen at 4:00 AM some day.

Besides bandages and things like that, the list include Benedryl (for allergic reactions) Pepto Bismal, (tummy issues) Tums, (gas) Hydrogen Peroxide (to induce vomiting should he eat something poisonous), etc.

What I do is check with my Vet the exact dosage for each of my dogs since they are three different weights. Then I write their name and their dosage amount on the box/bottle and keep a medicine syring with the product.

But that's just me...I tend to be a bit over-organized sometimes!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!