View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 09:56 AM   #4
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamilee View Post
Hi I have no idea if this is the appropriate place to post this as this is my first Time on here. I have got a 15 week old boy and he is my first dog ever. He has had 2 of his 3 vaccinations, attends puppy school and the vet says that he is extremely healthy! Today when I got home he came to the door but when I picked him up and he liked whimpered for a few seconds then stopped but was shaking alot. I realized that he was trying to go to the toilet and would go in that position but nothing came out many times. I looked under his tail and it was all sticking together his feces (spelling sorry). We tried to take it of with wet ones and tissues with no luck so gave him a bath instead. We managed to get it off but after his bath we looked again and he had more starting to come out. He was fine all day today so I don't know what to do. Oh and he is passing awful gas. At the moment he is sleeping in my lap and has stopped shaking. But is there any advice on what this could be?
Thankyou in advance
Xxx
Hi, welcome to Yorkie Talk. First of all, you probably need to trim the hair around your puppies anus. If there is to much hair around the anus the poop will get hung up on the hair and if the poop is not removed right away it will get hard and prevent the dog from being able to poop. You should get in the habit of doing a 'butt check' fairly often. Keeping the hair trimmed will mostly likely do the trick. Just watch him and as long as he starts having normal bowel movements then he should be okay. If he continues to strain or if he has diarrhea or mucousy stools then a trip to the vet would be suggested. Good luck with your new boy.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!