View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 05:21 AM   #19
cally930
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Just like you, my first post on this site was to vent and complain about the breeder who sold me a tiny puppy with giardia. When I complained to her she said that it wasn't possible because she had wormed the puppy prior to selling him to me. I brought the puppy to the vet the very next day I got him for a checkup and gave them a stool sample which tested positive for giardia - right away. He was immediately put on panacur for about a week. Although it helped a little, it didn't fully work. Then he was put on another medicine - don't remember the name - but it was in a pill form - for another week. We think he's clear now (at least the stool specimen came back negative) but I'm thinking of testing him again. I was just wondering - did you not go to the vet as soon as you got your puppy - did you wait? Because mine never got to the extreme condition that yours did and mine came to us at 1.7 lbs also. A few weeks later and he is now 2.2 lbs at 6 and a half months. Hope all goes well with your puppy - but yes - you have to keep everything clean, clean, clean.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!