View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 08:57 PM   #2
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinkerbell
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I hope that you guys can help me! I just got my new puppy, Bentley, last week. He is 19.5 weeks and 4lbs. I've been feeding him Buffalo Blue. Its an organic and hollistic dry kibble. I've been giving him about 3/4 cup full of food everyday, split in to 3 feedings, along with ocassional treats. He seems to be hungry still but I dont want to over feed him. He seems pretty big compared to some of you guy's pups out there. Am I feeding him too little? What's this nutri-stat that everyone is talking about? And also, does anyone know the approx. weight he'll be when full grown? Thanks in advance for any help!!
I've heard of that food, but I've never used it. Do you know how much both of his parents weighed? That would give you a clue as to his weight, but no guarantee. They are all different. He's almost five months and they burn a lot of calories at that age. I wouldn't be afraid to feed him more. Sometimes they run and play so hard that they do get hungry again. Perhaps a little snack before bed? I used to give Muffin a ten o'clock snack every night. This one doesn't require that. They are all so very different.

Nutrical is a high-calorie supplement that comes in a tube from the vet or pet stores. Some yorkies, usually the very small one's, get hypoglycemic and need to be given something like that to keep them from having hypoglycemic episodes, which usually happens when they haven't eaten for a spell or have been vomiting.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!