View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #2
Lola1331
Yorkie Yakker

This sounds exactly like my situation... I dont know if you have read my thread but I got a puppy last month and had this exact thing happen to me. she had both giardia and coccidia and was found positive 3 days after being home. she was so sick she had to be put on an iv for 2 days. I think you got your puppy the same breeder as i did, my girl was born on 4/24/1010 and i was looking at another very tiny biewer pup that was only 1 lb and was born 4/20/2010. ill pm you and ask. i would deffinatly contact the breeder. tell her what you have found and ask for compensation. there is a puppy lemon law in Ca that says if the puppy is sick when comming home that you are intitled to a refund of the vet cost. if you got her from the same "breeder" i did, then you will find that she will not help. but if its a reputable breeder then she will want to help you with vet cost. whatever you do, do not hide this from the breeder. giardia and coccidia are contagious, even to humans, so you want to make sure the breeder doesnt get an epidemic. anyways, hope your girl does good! she is so tiny, but just make sure she eats and drinks water. sounds like you will be on the road to recovery soon. my girl has been sick since we got her about 4 weeks ago. she is just now getting better, so its a long road, but it will all end ok. :]
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!