View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 05:53 AM   #8
Rocky38
YorkieTalk Newbie!

I hope people do read this and learn from it.... Had I known then the things j know now....I'm trying to get my friend to do the BAT on her pup as well... We got them the same time from the same place! Her baby seems fine and she doesn't feel compelled to do it.... But it's important to understand that ESP w mvd symptoms may not arise til they are older .... I recommend anyone w a yorkie to have it done if they haven't so already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladymom View Post
I agree.

Also, all Yorkies should have a bile acids test once they reach 16 weeks old according to Dr.Center. If you had done that, most likely the health guarantee from the pet store would have covered his condition since liver shunts are congenital.

According to a study done at the University of Tennessee, Yorkies are 36 times more likely to be born with a liver shunt than all other breeds combined. Anyone looking to purchase a Yorkie needs to be very, very careful when selecting their breeder and make sure that the puppy has a bile acids test before he comes homes or right at 16 weeks (with a clause in the contract addressing the breeder's financial responsible should the results be abnormal.)

Hopefully by sharing Rocky's story, more people will get that BAT done right away.
Rocky38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!