View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #13
yavenay
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollospops View Post
Me and my girlfriend recently adopted Apollo (9 months, 10lb, male) and he's great!! He is very well behaved, loves other dogs, people and children. He doesn't bark at night when we put him in the crate and is very well behaved through out the day. We have only ran into one problem. He is doing very well with his potty training (even with our strange hours since I'm in the Army and my girlfriend is a college student) but when my girlfriend leaves and puts him in his crate he poops and rolls around in it. I'd rather just use a baby gate in the kitchen than to crate him, but he can jump over the baby gate and then he pees on the carpet. Any ideas on how we can get him to stop pooping in his crate?

Boy do I remember those days. Brandi was a rescue too and she used to poop in her crate everyday. She was use to it as she was used for breeding and kept in her crate most of the time. It took some time (about a year) but I am happy to say she has not pooped in her expen for more than 6 months. I think several things happened on their own (as I was obviously not at home to discourage it). I think she got used to my schedule and adjusted her poop schedule as well. She begin to associate getting a bath everytime she pooped in her expen and she has gotten used to a clean environment and hates for her area to be even a little bit of dirty.

I wish I could say I trained her very well but this was done all her own. I guess the only thing I was able to do was stick to a schedule deviating from it as little as possible. The only time she poops in her exoen now is if I am not home from work by a certain time in which you can't really blame her. If no one is at home to discourage it, there's not much you can do. Just try and establish a potty schedule and stick too it.
yavenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!