View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 08:13 AM   #13
lizzieg
YT 500 Club Member

Animal Smiley 036

And with that being said, a Yorkie doesn't have to be a medical response dog to be more than an accessory. I have found that Yorkies, although stubborn, are very intelligent. They all have their own way of being therapeutic, no matter who owns them. I take on the world, at work, at home, and volunteering. It gets to be hectic, but the reward comes when I see my fiance' and my two children smiling, laughing, and happy, when I see the outcome of the people that I try to help, and when my sweet doggy meets me at the door with her little short tail wagging uncontrollably, and when she gives me my 'welcome home' kisses. I love it. I suffer from OCD and depression, but I've noticed that since she came into our lives (and we've only had her for about a month), some of the symptoms are gradually going away, and I'm not having to take as many medications to treat the symptoms. Also, the entire family seems a little bit more understanding, gentler, and calmer. She's almost been the mediator around here. And she's even won my clients' hearts over; IT consulting is stressful work, but I take her with me sometimes to work on my clients' servers. She seems to diffuse the situation with them while they are stressed, and entertains them while I work.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!